I don’t know if he’ll see this post, my Dad is taking his precious time with using the internet…
Daddy owns a printing press, and as any small business owner can tell you, it’s not easy having an irregular source of income. Sometimes, we hit jackpot and live like kings (Haha! Get it, Jackpot? Kings? ok, never mind!). Other times…hmmm but it’s okay, ’cause we’re together and that’s what matters. So here’s a tribute to my dad!
- For making all these personal sacrifices so we can eat, school and stay warm.
- For all the worrying.
- For being brave enough to let us venture out on our own.
- For being proud of our achievements.
- For being our biggest fan.
- For ignoring our protests against curfews.
- For all the dreams that were subsumed by parenthood.
- For wanting the best for us and the willingness to do anything for that.
- For letting us know that being expelled for fighting was ok, but not for stealing!
- For silly, Waffi jokes.
- For … creative (lack of a better word!) cooking.
- For troubling those who trouble us! a.k.a kicking the ass of the teachers who dared to flog us!
- For being strong and dependable.
- For teaching us to question laid theories.
- For teaching us to read, and read well.
And so many more!
To all the dads out there, who have to put up with kids with brains that seem the size of peanuts, self-destruct offspring, untidy wannabe bums, chin up!
Beneath the grumpy glares and the muttering under our breath, we love you to bits. Trust me on this…
Happy Father’s Day!
p.s. To the guy who will someday be the father of my adorable children :), Happy Father’s Day, too!