The Perfect Morning
- Wake at 4:00 am.
- Wash face.
- Study till 5:00 am.
- At 5:00 am Read Bible. Read Mass Readings. Meditate.
- At 5:30, change into sneakers and workout pants.
- Go for morning walk/run.
- At 6 am, shower.
- At 6:30 am, review work plan for the day.
- At. 6:40 am, sit down to “fit-fam” breakfast of oatmeal, boiled eggs and one slice of bread.
- At 7:00 am, brew first cup of coffee and start the day with morning meeting.
The Imperfect Morning.
- Snooze alarm till 5:15 am.
- Wash face.
- Read Bible. Read mass readings. Meditate and say a vocal prayer (just in case you don’t get time to say it later.)
- At 5:45 change into work out clothes. Notice slight cramp in right part of abdomen. Debate the wisdom of running/walking around till it goes away. Decide to do simple, non-calorie burning stretches.
- At 6:00 am, check Whatsapp messages.
- At. 6:15, shower.
- At 6:50 sit down to breakfast and scoff down (fat-fam!) fried plantain and scrambled eggs to beat the 7 am deadline. Wrap a slice of bread in a serviette to snack on later.
- 7:03, dash into morning meeting without having reviewed daily work plan. Invent intelligent answers to questions asked.
The OMG-what-have-I-done Morning.
- Wake at 6:45 am!
- Dress and gargle mouthwash at the same time. Mentally recite the Our Father.
- 6:59 dash into morning meeting. Invent intelligent answers to questions asked.
- 8:30 am Do the walk of shame back to accommodation block* for shower.
- 8:45 am Return to office armed with a few books so it looks like you forgot a few things earlier. Beg colleague for box of crackers.
What does your perfect morning look like? What does an imperfect morning look like?
*I work and live on a facility. My “office” and living quarters are a 2-minute walk apart.*
p.s. I nominate every blogger who reads this blog to write about their own mornings, too. Please tag me, or link back or something 🙂 Thanks!